Thursday, September 22, 2011

Our Extreme Makeover: Playhouse Edition









I saw an "Extreme Makeover Little Tikes" edition and I had to get in on the action!  I found an older, dirty, blue roofed (really, Little Tikes, a blue roof?!) plastic play house on craiglist for a whopping $25!







I grabbed 4 cans of Krylon spray paint for plastic, power washer and a trusty old scrubbing brush.  All in all, it took probably 3 hours to complete over 2 days with little touch ups here and there.  I think it looks amazing and very much like the inspiration post I had viewed!   Oh and the girls like it too!  :)




My little helper was hard at work in her Ariel pjs! Notice the power washer in the background!  That thing was a life saver and must have for this project.




Here are some of the finished project:






I have been trying to find something to do with my Cricut machine that I picked up on craigslist for $40 last year.  Luckily, the previous homeowners left a few pieces of slate in the garden which I thought made a perfect sign for the little house.  I also had to add Welcome to the front door.  


Complete with fall decor



3 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I'm picking up a playhouse today and hoping to make mine similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I am loving these... hope they hold up well because we're about to start working on one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did it hold up as well as you thought it would?

    ReplyDelete