Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Easy Peasy Monogram Towel

Olivia is starting preschool tomorrow (for the second year of 3- don't ask!)  and the one and only item we were told to purchase was a towel.  Whoa- back up!  A towel- for what?  They are only there for 2.5 hours.  My first thought was, "I better not be spending all this money for nap time!"  So I called.  Apparently, they sit on a towel for snack set up and clean up.  I am hoping they don't spend too much time on their towels to be honest.  BUT I couldn't send Olivia off with just any plain 'ol towel.

Last week I happen to pick up a big package of HeatnBond at the thrift store for 75 cents.  I thought I could use it for some project or other.  I mean for 75 cents.... Today (yes, the day before I was to send the infamous towel into school with her) I came across a cute purple and green beach towel.  Originally, $12.00 marked down to $2.87 combined with another coupon it came out to $2.38 at JCPenney.  I grabbed a piece of scrap zebra print fabric- doesn't everyone have an extra piece of zebra print fabric laying around?!   About 5 min. later I had a monogrammed towel!

No comments:

Post a Comment